CannotFindURL

Friday, February 11, 2005

Phishing for SPAM

Got another stupid spam scam this morning from unsubscribenow.org... the worst of it is, I'm sure to get some email from a friend about it today asking me if it is legit. Here's a nice reference for you all:
Do Not Reply: Yahoo hates the spam, loves the spammer

Bottom line: if it sounds too good to be true on the net, it is!!!

Wow! Hold the presses!!! Here's another one:
Director of operations for a HK bank with an italian email address?!? Really?!?! wow, this guy must be *really* important if he's that international!!! I must be in good hands so I'll be sure to send him all my personal information now!!!
(C'mon...)
--------------------------------------------------------
FROM:MR. WANG QIN CHEUNG PUI
Hang Seng Bank Ltd
Sai Wan Ho Branch
171 Shaukiwan Road
HK
e-mail address : w.qincheungpui@virgilio.it


Let me start by introducing myself. I am Mr. Wang Qin Cheung Pui,director of operations of the Hang Seng Bank Ltd,Sai
Wan Ho Branch.I have a business proposal for you.

...
--------------------------------------------------------
Yeah, right, you'll transfer those millions to me as soon as I prove who I am with a couple of payments to you first... while I am absolutely certain of *your* identity, since you contacted me, and you're a respected banker in Asia... with an italian address... give me a break... this is too funny :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Google